“Happiness is the higher form of health.”
– Dalai Lama
Micaela studied to be a teacher before becoming a Personal Trainer, so she’s a pro at schooling her clients in every single aspect of fitness.
Mica is Fitness Playground Newtown’s Head of Education and Senior Coach. She’s always had an interest in helping people of all ages and abilities, so after secondary school, she studied to become a Physical Education teacher. That education has helped her become a great coach.
She loves coaching people of different ages and backgrounds to move better and live healthier and happier lives. Mica is a true nerd, always studying something new to provide a better service and to be able to coach people from different perspectives.
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Lower Back Pain Management
- Pre- and Post-Natal Training
I believe that exercise and movement are a path to live a healthier and happier life. I am convinced that one has to look for some sort of physical activity that lights their soul and that no matter who you are, you can find something that you enjoy. I used to think that fitness was about rules and structure, and to a certain point it is, but is much more important to find that little something that keeps you moving and makes you come back the next day.
education, experience & achievements
- Physical Education Teacher
- High Performance Postgraduate Course
- Strength and Conditioning Course
- Certified in McGill Method (Specialised in Lower Back Pain)
- Certified Women’s Coaching Specialist
- Soon to be Pre- and Post-Natal Specialised Coach
3 fun facts
- I have practised several sports since I was a kid. I used to be very uncoordinated, but basketball and dodgeball at age 8 really helped me gain confidence and improved my physical skills.
- I always said my dream was to become a high-performance athlete or a circus acrobat. Although I didn’t get there, today I practice aerial silks and Lyra at least three times a week, which makes me extremely happy.
- I used to be an absolute foodie. I used to eat literally anything. But now I have been vegan for three years – I’m still a foodie, but a plant-based one!
WATCH THEIR STORY
See what their clients have to say.
PT Client Reviews
“Since I started training with Mica, I always feel motivated and keep consistent with my training. I can see a significant improvement with my body and physical health, as well as my mental health and confidence. I enjoy spending time with Mica – she keeps sessions fun and we have a good chat. She keeps the training challenging but never too hard to discourage me from coming to the gym. I no longer see training as a punishment but view it in a very positive way.”
“I’ve been doing personal training sessions with Mica since July. I was very apprehensive about returning to the gym after a long break, so I decided to book some PT sessions to help motivate me. I’m so glad I did, and that Mica was chosen to become my Personal Trainer.
She is so warm and friendly and completely put me at ease when I first met her. She also listened to what my needs are, helped me develop some goals, and she’s been very mindful of my shoulder injury. Every week Mica encourages me to step outside my comfort zone and to push myself that bit further.
I really like that she has given me two programs, so I can alternate them and don’t get bored. I’m starting to feel stronger. She’s also given me some really good stretching exercises which have really helped reduce the tightness in my hips and are helping with my shoulder mobility too. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mica to other people as a Personal Trainer.”
“Micaela encourages me each session to push myself, which I really like. I didn’t know how much I was capable of lifting. She keeps me focused and committed to a three-day, then four-day, gym schedule.
Micaela’s expertise and guidance has given me confidence to try things myself at the gym, whereas before I would’ve never done a hip thrust by myself. Micaela is an awesome PT, she made me feel welcome since the first time I met her. She’s so easy to get along with and makes every session enjoyable!”
Ready to get started?
Get a free session as well as a full assessment
"*" indicates required fields