“Vulnerability is not weakness; it’s our greatest measure of courage.”
– Brene Brown
Kylie has more than 20 years’ experience in the fitness industry, and specialises in body transformations.
Kylie Jackes is a Newtown LGBTQIA+ Senior Coach, dancer, performer and speaker. She has more than 20 years’ experience in the fitness industry, transforming bodies and changing lives. She’s a fierce warrior, but don’t be scared – her passion, knowledge and tough love will get you results. Kylie has pushed her body and mind to the limits and stepped on stage in multiple bodybuilding competitions, as well as sports, fitness and figure model competitions nationally.
As a Personal Trainer, Kylie has helped people overcome their fears and achieve things they never thought possible. Her most epic client transformation was a weight loss of 59kg! But she says it’s not just about the weight that you lose – it’s about the life, confidence, fitness and strength that you gain. It’s all about mindset, nutrition, exercise and self love.
- Fat Loss (Also Known as “Toning”)
- Strength & Conditioning
- Nutrition Science
- Instructor for: Boxing, Dance, Spin & Kettlebell Group Fitness
Exercise is about our mental and physical health and wellbeing, not just about aesthetics. The body you get from exercising is the bonus. My philosophy is that training should be built around what will work best for you, your ability, your lifestyle and enjoyment. You must enjoy it or you won’t stay consistent. I make sure my clients focus on what they can do – not on what they can’t. I show clients how to get results so you can feel fit, strong, confident and empowered.
education, experience & achievements
- Certificates III & IV in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Business Management
- 2014 Australia Titles ANB – 6th Place Figure Athlete
- 2012 INBA (ICN) NSW Titles – 4th Place Fitness Model
- 2012 INBA (ICN) – 3rd Place Fitness Model
- 2011 INBA – 4th Place Sports Model
3 fun facts
- Before Marriage Equality was voted in, my partner Shelley and I were “wedding cake toppers” on the official Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras float. Sitting like queenson the back of a decorated truck in tonnes of glitter, we had a wedding ceremony right in the middle of Taylor Square, televised to millions. A few years later, we got engaged, and we’re soon to be officially married.
- I stood on stage in front of a packed theatre of people and shared my story about “coming out” and achieving my total body transformation to compete in bodybuilding shows, at a feminist storytelling night called “Generation Women”. Six storytellers, six generations (20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s & 70s). I proudly represented the 40s.
- I was a proud LGBT Ambassador on billboards for child protection charity Barnados Australia. I believe all children should be safe and protected; every little human should have the opportunity to reach their full potential and thrive.
WATCH THEIR STORY
See what their clients have to say.
PT Client Reviews
“After losing 59kg by doing personal training with Kylie, I feel like I can achieve anything. Back when I was 127kg, I knew something needed to change. My health was suffering and my self-confidence was at an all-time low. The task of losing weight felt huge, but from the minute I started working with Kylie I felt like it was achievable. Her confidence in my ability to reach my goal, along with the accountability our sessions gave me, was exactly what I needed. Kylie’s dedication to my goals was and remains unwavering. Her help with nutrition was essential, and her constant messages of motivation were so important. Our sessions are now the highlight of my week – I enjoy nothing more than a good kettlebell or weights session! Training with Kylie has changed my life, I am fit, strong, and I have found a self-confidence I never thought possible.”
“Before I started personal training sessions with Kylie I was someone who went to the gym, did classes and gravitated towards the cardio machines. I wasn’t confident in using other equipment and I didn’t know much about form and technique. I decided to start PT sessions and, here we are, 10 years later, where I have the confidence to walk into any gym and just get on with it. Working out with Kylie has had huge benefits for my mental health. So much so that I increased my weekly sessions with her during COVID lockdowns, because no matter what else was going on, I always felt good after our time together. I love the variety in our sessions. One day I’ll be deadlifting over 55kg and the next day I will be doing boxing drills and timed runs (which I love, BTW). Kylie is firm but fair and holds you accountable. If you are going to invest in a Personal Trainer, you want someone who is as passionate about you reaching your goals as you are, so on the days where maybe you don’t feel that passion, that trainer is in your corner keeping you motivated, telling you that you can do it and coaching you to success. That’s Kylie. I’ve had a few injuries over the years, including torn ligaments in my ankle, but I’ve never had to stop training. Kylie works with you to ensure you stay safe and still get a great workout, no matter what the challenge of the moment might be. I love when we hit a few PBs during a session, but what’s even more satisfying is when I get compliments on my strength, especially from men as I’m helping them move bulky furniture down flights of stairs. Mission accomplished! I wouldn’t train with anyone else.”
“Before I started doing personal training with Kylie I was in a rut, not feeling confident and really up and down with my moods. What I love most about working with Kylie is that she gets my goals, she challenges my bullshit and she makes me be a better me. After just 6 weeks of training with Kylie, I wore an outfit for Mardi Gras that I would never have entertained before. My fitness is so much better and I look forward to getting to the gym to do the program Kylie designed for me. I’m much happier, more energised, sleeping better and able to deal with the stress of life much better.”
Ready to get started?
Get a free session as well as a full assessment
"*" indicates required fields