“Take care of your body, you only have one.”
Emmanuel is a Remedial Massage Therapist as well as a PT. His passion lies in helping people with pain get back to the enjoying the things they love.
Emmanuel is an experienced Level 3 Personal Trainer at Fitness Playground, with over seven years of industry experience, supported by over six years of experience working as a Remedial Massage Therapist. He’s passionate about helping anyone suffering from acute or chronic pain that prevents them from performing day-to-day activities or keeps them away from playing sports or activities they love.
Having previously suffered several sporting injuries himself and knowing the feeling of “just wanting to get better” is what continues to drive Emmanuel to help his clients move better and feel better. Emmanuel applies an evidence based holistic approach to training and treating his clients.
- Injury Prehabilitation & Rehabilitation
- Postural and Imbalance Alignment
- Strength and Performance
Structured, succinct, yet flexible enough to cater to differing needs. Achieved by assessing and evaluating weaknesses and imbalances from the outset, and then working towards correcting these through the application of tailored exercises and programs to boost performance and achieve goals.
education, experience & achievements
- FIT LVN – Sports and Wellness Clinic (Owner)
- Australian Institute of Fitness: Certificates III & IV in Fitness
- Diploma of Remedial Massage, Australasian College of Natural Therapies
- CHFI Performance PT (Levels 1 and 2), Clean Health Fitness Institute
- CHFI Performance Nutrition Coach (Level 1), Clean Health Fitness Institute
- NutriGenius: Introduction to Nutrition and Metabolism
- Strength Training (Level 1), FMA Strength Institute
- Powerlifting Coaching Course (Level 1), Powerlifting Australia
- Eugene Teo: Muscle Mechanics (Level 1)
- Strength and Hypertrophy (Levels 2 and 3), The Boutagy Fitness Institute
- Fat Loss (Levels 2 and 3), The Boutagy Fitness Institute
- Nutrition Deficit Day System, The Boutagy Fitness Institute
- Tony Boutagy: PT Coaching and Mentorship
- RealMVMT: Real Movement Coach Cert by Keegan Smith
- ATG: Knees Over Toes Course
- Better Pain Management Certification, Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Core Body Therapy: Myofascial Release
- Complementary Health: Myofascial Cupping
- CPD Health Courses: Dry Needling
- Smart Tools Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM), Certification Course
- Kinesiology Taping Course, Rock Tape
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery), TAFE NSW Ultimo
- Over 15 years of high-level basketball experience
3 fun facts
- Worked in hospitality as a qualified chef for over eight years.
- Played against Australian basketball royalty Patty Mills during his highschool days.
- Never liked massages until I started my Diploma in Remedial Massage.
WATCH THEIR STORY
See what their clients have to say.
PT Client Reviews
“I have been training with Emmanuel for about a year and he’s the first Personal Trainer I have ever used. I like that from the beginning he has really listened to what I want to achieve and created programs to reach those goals, as well as mixing them up so I don’t get bored.
When I lost 10 kilos in the first 4 weeks all through a balanced diet and a good training program, I knew I was in the best hands possible! Emmanuel is extremely knowledgeable, not only about fitness but about nutrition and the human body, and explains how the muscles work together during the workout to achieve results.
I like that he never stops learning and building his skills and knowledge – this is so valuable in a Personal Trainer, and he passes it down to each of his clients so we get the best results. When I experienced some health issues last year, Emmanuel was very understanding, and when I returned to training, he slowly built me back up, being very mindful of my rehabilitation while still motivating me to reach my goals.
In truth, if Emmanuel wasn’t my trainer I probably wouldn’t go to the gym. He really keeps me on track and motivated to reach my fitness and health goals. I could not recommend him more.”
“When I started with Emmanuel I had a fresh bulging disk, and he quickly brought me to a level with no more pain and high and fast improvements every day! He’s extremely knowledgeable, dedicated and professional. He keeps my training program always updated and interesting, especially for me being a trainer as well! And what’s better than getting a bit of massage during a session with a popping shoulder?! The best. Highly recommended!”
“I’ve been training with Emmanuel for almost a year now. I’ve seen incredible changes in my overall health and wellbeing. The massage therapy at his clinic FIT LVN has allowed me to recover quicker and lift more weight than I have ever expected. I highly recommend Emmanuel.”
“I have known Emmanuel for 5 years. I had been doing some basic exercise training to prepare for the Australian Masters Hockey Championships with the NSW Masters over 60’s team, but soon realised that I needed someone with fitness experience to motivate me and provide sport-related training.
Emmanuel prepared a 6-week cardio and functional development program, which involved 2 sessions of Personal Training per week as well as 3 days of exercises and training I could do from home. In those 6 weeks prior to the Championships, I noticed a considerable change in strength, power and general level of fitness.
As my body composition changed, he continued to progress the training program to the next level. Emmanuel is very systematic with his training, backed up by his knowledge of sport and the types of relevant exercise required to achieve a client’s goals. As a 63-year-old (30 years older than him), he was faced with the challenge of maintaining my interest in training, and with his encouragement and motivation skills I’ve started living a more healthy lifestyle.
I competed again in the Australian Hockey Masters in Adelaide where I accomplished a number of achievements winning our teams, Player of the Tournament, Best and Fairest player, Highest goal scorer and the 7th highest goal scorer of the completion. I cannot thank Emmanuel enough for his help and, without his persistence, drive and motivation, these achievements would not have been possible. I would highly recommend Emmanuel to any prospective clients.”
Ready to get started?
Get a free session as well as a full assessment
"*" indicates required fields