“Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they were laying bricks every hour. You don’t have to build everything you want today, just lay a brick.”
– James Clear
Blanche has been super active since she was little, with martial arts her first passion. Blanche started karate at age 8 and fell in love. She went on to become Australian age champion for sparring for seven years in a row and was selected to represent Australia in Japan. Blanche didn’t step foot in a gym until she was 21, when she developed a new passion for lifting heavy things.
She’s worked at Fitness Playground for almost 6 years now and hasn’t looked back. Blanche is known for her tough-love approach to coaching – she’ll push you when you need it but also knows when to pull up the brakes when necessary.
- Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Strength Training
- Pad Holding (Boxing)
- Fat Loss and Body Recomposition
- Technique Specialist
I love building people’s strength and confidence from the ground up, through proper technique, the right progressions and a huge focus on injury prevention. I love watching people grow and learn at a steady pace – I help them understand that lasting results don’t come overnight, but with the right tools and a bit of patience, they will reach their goals.
education, experience & achievements
- Certificates III & IV in Fitness
- Precision Nutrition L1
- Deconstructing Gym Lifts Certification (Australian Strength Coach)
- Fat Loss Fundamentals (Tony Boutagy)
- Co-Owner of Bodies Abroad Retreats
- First Dan Black Belt
3 fun facts
- Blanche grew up in country NSW where her grandparents owned cherry orchards, so she spent her childhood picking cherries and playing among the cherry trees with her cousins.
- Blanche’s other passion is snowboarding. She went on a solo trip to Japan and almost didn’t make it home when her flight home was cancelled due to COVID-19. (Though she would have been happy to stay on a little longer!)
- Blanche and her best friend/business partner run a successful retreat company, Bodies Abroad, which combines adventure, relaxation, training and stepping out of your comfort zone. They organise luxury retreats, mostly in Bali and Australian destinations like Byron Bay and Nelson Bay.
WATCH THEIR STORY
See what their clients have to say.
PT Client Reviews
“I love training with Blanche. I don’t think I’ve ever missed a session because even if I’m tired or feeling crap, I always know I’m going to feel better afterwards. The exercises are always so interesting, fun and super challenging. She has pushed me beyond anything I thought was possible. Because I feel so safe in the techniques that Blanche has taught me, I’m not scared to push myself.”
“Blanche is a superstar trainer! She is incredibly knowledgeable. Her dedication to perfecting form, ensuring nutrition is on-point and being all-round supportive always is amazing. She knows when I need more of a challenge and how to get the best out of me. She really does provide a holistic approach to training – not only teaching me how to train effectively but the lifestyle hacks needed to support and optimise training.”
“I started training with Blanche in July 2020 and it’s been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was looking for fat loss and increasing overall fitness, but the benefits of training with her have gone far beyond. I like how she focuses on all aspects of fitness, including nutrition, and the variety of exercises keeps the training interesting, because I get bored doing the traditional dumbbell/barbell exercises.
I’m always amazed by how Blanche knows how much to push me during my workouts. I have done exercises I never thought I could do and would’ve never attempted if she didn’t push me to do them. It’s never been easy but it’s highly rewarding. Thanks to training with Blanche, my lifestyle has changed in a positive way, and I’ve also noticed changes in other aspects of life, like confidence, posture and energy levels. She is also great company during the workout!”
“Blanche always ensures we do the right exercises in the right way – form is so important and correct alignment has led to better movement and strength for me. She’s always delivering consistently challenging programs that keep me interested and build on my skills and abilities along the way. Her passionate approach to fitness and nutrition keeps me motivated to push harder, do more and achieve my goals.”
Ready to get started?
Get a free session as well as a full assessment
"*" indicates required fields